Accredited Certificate in Professional Mediation Training Course May-June 2021
This 9 full-day programme, accredited by the Mediators’ Institute of Ireland (MII), is facilitated by Catherine O’Connell of Blossom Development. The course is highly interactive and intensively builds skills and knowledge of a generic mediation process suitable for people who wish to become mediators or who wish to be able to use mediation skills in their work and lives. It includes four Zoom classes in May and June. The final day (day 9)is a competency assessment and successful candidates may apply to register with the MII as a Certified Mediator eligible to practice.
Course Aim: To equip participants with the knowledge, skills, attitude and awareness required to intervene positively and/or mediate with people experiencing conflict and difficulties in a variety of situations. It is suitable for leaders, managers, HR consultants and employees along with those wishing to specialise in conflict intervention and communication.
- To develop participants understanding of how conflict happens, escalates and impacts people and organisations.
- To develop awareness of conflict styles and facilitate skill development so that participants can expand their repertoire of conflict behaviours to suit the contexts they find themselves in.
- To attain a good understanding of core mediation concepts, theories, models, processes, and principles.
- To develop participants’ mediation skills to the level of competency as laid down in MII certified assessment requirements.
- To raise participants’ awareness of how their own triggers and biases can impact the mediation process and to facilitate ways of managing them.
- To learn how to create an environment of trust, rapport and empowerment when facilitating people in conflict.
Cost: €1,950.00 per person including assessment fee and materials*
Dates: Mondays & Tuesdays May 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 25th, 31st and June 1st
Times: 9.30am to 5pm each day plus 4 zoom meetings (dates and times to be agreed)
Venue Online and 42 Aughrim Street, Stoneybatter, Dublin 7:
Parking permits and teas/coffees are provided. Participants also asked to purchase ‘The Mediator’s Handbook’ Beer & Steif in advance of training
This programme is limited to between 6 and 8 people.
To apply and confirm a place before paying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an inquiry here